These sweet breakfast pancakes are deliciously simple to make with just 3 ingredients. This recipe is also quick as the pancakes don’t take long. This is a favourite Sunday morning breakfast for Hannah, particularly with lots of maple syrup and some raspberries to finish off the pancakes – the tartness of the raspberries is the perfect contrast to the sweetness that the bananas bring to the pancakes. You can, however add whatever toppings you like – may we suggest whipped cream, caramel drizzle, or perhaps chocolate chips? These pancakes are also really filling, and we truly do find that 1 banana, making 2 pancakes, is more than enough!
Ingredients (1 portion/2 pancakes)
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 knobs of butter
- Mash the banana
- Crack the egg into the mashed banana and whisk together
- Add the flour and mix together
- Place a knob of butter in the pan to grease the pan
- We use a piece of kitchen roll to quickly and only lightly grease the pan, but if you do this be careful not to burn yourself
- Add half the mixture to the pan
- Wait for the underside to brown slightly (the pancake should feel a little bit firm when ready) and then gently flip the pancake over
- If the pancake feels quite wobbly when you try and flip it, and doesn’t stay on your spatula, give it a minute or so more to cook
- Cook the other side of the pancake until it is also firm enough to flip
- When the pancake is ready it should be firm all over but still squidgy on the inside
- Repeat steps 4-7 for the second pancake
- Add whatever toppings you would like
- As we mentioned above, and as you will see in the youtube video, we love some maple syrup (who doesn’t?!) and raspberries to top our pancakes, but feel free to use whatever you fancy
- The beauty of these pancakes is that they are also yummy on their own without any toppings!
- Finally, enjoy!!!