Quick & simple Brunch
Smoked Mackerel, Black Pudding, Poached Egg & (Lumpfish) Caviar
After 2 long days of meetings, professional speaking engagements and travelling, I longed for a hearty brunch when I got home this morning, so I would feel ready to tackle the day ahead.
Everything in this was shop-bought so it was really quick & easy to make.
- Dry-fry 2 slices of black pudding
- Remove the skin from half a fillet of honey smoked mackerel, then cut into large chunks
- Poach 2 eggs
- Warm up a ready-made hollandaise sauce
- Meanwhile toast 1 muffin, cut in half, and lather with butter
- Open a tin/jar of lumpfish ‘caviar’
Place the 2 muffin halves on a plate, top each with a slice of black pudding, then place the smoked mackerel on top. Top with the poached eggs (1 per muffin half), pour on the hollandaise sauce, sprinkle on some ‘caviar’. Done!