Simon’s Yorkshire Puddings
In our house, Simon is responsible for Yorkshire Puddings. His mum passed her recipe to him and he’s made it his own…I don’t want to mess with perfection so I leave the cooking of these delicious Yorkshire Puddings to him!
- 1 large egg
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 115g plain flour
- Salt & Pepper
- Mix the ingredients together using an electric whisk or blender. Ensure you whisk really well and get lots of air bubbles into the mix
- Place in the fridge for a few hours
- When ready to cook the Yorkshire Puddings, pre-heat your oven to the hottest temperature you can get it to (e.g. 220-230 °C)
- Place 2-3 mm of vegetable oil (or for the best taste, use dripping instead) into each well in a Yorkshire Pudding tray.
- Place the tray, with the oil, in the hot oven and heat the oil until it is so hot it is smoking
- Re-whisk the batter you made earlier
- Get the Yorkshire Pudding tray with the smoking hot oil out of the oven and, as quickly as possible, pour the batter into each well, up to the edge of the well
- Place the tray straight back into the oven and bake for 20 mins
- DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN before the 20 mins are up or your Yorkshire Puddings will collapse!!!!
For the Roast Beef Recipe to accompany these Yorkshire Puddings, click HERE.
Gloriously Good! 🙂