A delicious dessert, inspired by Eton Mess. Very quick and simple to make, this is ready in about 10 minutes. Perfect for impromptu entertainment!
Preparation Time: 10 mins
- 1 x 397g tin sweetened condensed milk
- 400ml fresh double cream
- Toffee sauce – to taste
- 100g Maltesers
- Whisk the cream to a thick/firm consistency
- Whisk the condensed milk (it won’t thicken like cream but the whisking will help to lighten the texture by introducing air into the condensed milk)
- Place the Maltesers in a plastic food bag, close the bag, then using a rolling pin, hammer away at the Maltesers to crush them. Don’t crush them too finely as the beauty of this recipe is the crunch that hits you with every decadent mouthful. It’s particularly delicious if the pieces of Maltesers are uneven in size!
- Fold the condensed milk and approx. 2/3rds of the crushed Maltesers into the whipped cream
- Place some toffee sauce into the bottom of each of 4 dessert cups/wine glasses
- Place a good dollop of creamy mixture into each glass, on top of the toffee sauce
- Squirt some toffee sauce over the creamy mixture, then place the remainder of the creamy mixture on top
- Finish off by sprinkling the remaining crushed maltesers over the top of each cup/glass of dessert, with a final squirt of toffee sauce on top.
To retain maximum crunch, don’t wait too long before serving, but if you don’t serve immediately, make sure you refrigerate the cups so the cream stays firm.